About this report
Raising awareness of the contribution that TCP technologies and systems can make in reaching climate and energy goals
To participate in this initiative, the 38 collaborations in the TCP network were invited to submit a brief summary of current research projects based on the following criteria:
- easy to communicate through social media
- funded with testing under way
- pre-commercial (basic and applied research)
- addressing key energy policy concerns, such as sustainability and energy security
- conducted within the wider TCP network and/or in conjunction with other international initiatives.
Not all TCP collaborations directly undertake laboratory research, development and demonstration (RD&D). Some focus on stakeholder dialogue and events, innovation analysis (technology policy and markets), and capacity building. The one thing they all have in common is the desire to raise awareness of the contribution that their technologies and systems can make in reaching climate and energy goals.
The IEA Secretariat and the IEA Committee on Energy Research and Technology hope that this initiative will not only win more recognition for the work of the TCPs from a broader audience but also help accelerate innovation and foster market deployment by bringing promising TCP research projects to the attention of decision-makers in government and industry.