Those air conditioners that, according to the ISO 5151:1994 standard, are:
- single phase
- direct expansion of refrigerant gas
- divided type or unit type
- without distribution of air by ducts
- up to a thermal power of 12 kW (42000 Btu/h)
- condensed by air
cannot be sold by the manufacturer and/or importers in the Chilean market if they have a energetic classification inferior to A, meaning that only Air conditioners with an energy efficiency index (índice de eficiencia energética - IEE) superior to 3.20 will be allowed on the market. For what compact air conditioners are concerned, they will be allowed on the market only if their IEE is above 3.00.
The regulation will enter into force according to the following schedule:
- 9 months - Only commercialization approvals for class A and B equipment can be issued.
- 21 months - Only commercialization approvals for class A equipment can be issued.
- Building end-uses
- Building systems
- Space cooling