The Plan plots a roadmap for the nation to achieve a high efficiency and low carbon vehicle fleet in the next few years. It sets out specific targets of meeting 5 and 4.5 L/100 km fleet-average fuel consumption for all new passenger cars and fuel-efficient passenger vehicles, respectively, by 2020, and 4L/100 km for new passenger cars by 2025. For heavy-duty commercial vehicles, the Plan aims for the nation’s new heavy duty vehicle fleet to match world-class efficiency by 2025.
To achieve these objectives, the development plan lays out the following key objectives:
- Facilitating breakthroughs in key technologies (batteries, power systems, high-efficiency transmission systems, automotive electronics
- Establishing a safe and competitive industrial supply chain
- Developing strong range of Chinese automotive brands
- Shaping a new industrial ecology, including transformation of R&D, smart manufacturing, logistics, marketing, customer service, interconnectivity, new generation information technology, intelligent transport, energy and environmental protection
- Improving competitiveness of Chinese automotive brands internationally
- Promoting greening of the automotive industry, including through improvements in fuel efficieny and recycling.
- Transport end-uses
- Private passenger transport