The policy defines strategy that, among other things, seeks to maximize the use of renewable energy through the use of Feed-in Tariffs for licensed installations smaller than 10MWin isolated networks. Key priority actions include:
- restructuring the power sector and encouraging public-privtae partnerships (PPP),
- promoting contractual relationships among sector participants,
- accelearting implementation of investment programs, and
- promoting the power of the electrictiy regulator - IRSE.
This high level Government statement only provides broad guidelines and does not specify FITs details which are left to implementing institutions to work out.
- Renewable Energy
- Strategic planning
- Solar PV
- IEA/IRENA Renewables Policies Database