Law no. 2005-82, dated 15 August 2005, relating to energy conservation and renewable energy, has as its objectives to strengthen the rational use of energy, renewable energy deployment, and energy substitution.
The rates and subsidies related to actions of the law were promulgated by Decree no. 2005-2234, dated 22 August 2005.
Decisions specific to renewable energy include:
- Mandatory use of solar water heaters in new public buildings
- Optimizing a profitable use of photovoltaic energy in various fields
- Enhancing the use of wind energy for electric power generation
- Encouraging energy capitalization of waste and geothermal waters.
Tax and financial incentives related to the development of renewable energies included in the decree are:
- Subsidies for demonstration projects ranging up to 50% of the cost, with a maximum of TND 100,000
- Subsidies for investments of 20%, with a maximum of TND 100,000 for solar water heating projects.
- Multiple renewable technologies
- IEA/IRENA Renewables Policies Database