In view of countering the economic effects of the pandemic, the Ministry of Finance implemented the following measures to develop land transport :
-Capital investments of PLK SA and the construction and modernisation of railway stops in the total amount of PLN 1.85 billion
-Co-financing by the Local Government Road Fund for investments on roads managed by local government units in the amount of PLN 3.8 billion
-Accelerating the transfer of budgetary resources for investments related to land transport infrastructure
Basic conditions for the implementation of investments under the Program:
- ensuring co-financing of at least 15% eligible costs by declaring entities and co-financing of ineligible costs (if applicable);
- submission of the transport organizer's declaration for the connection - min. 4 pairs of trains for at least 5 years;
- conclusion of an agreement for the implementation of the investment between the applicant and PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe SA (after qualification for co-financing from the Program funds).
More than 1,200 km of railway lines will be eligible for co-financing under the Program for Supplementing Local and Regional Railway Infrastructure Kolej Plus until 2028. PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe has completed the evaluation of documents with preliminary planning and forecasting studies prepared by the voivodship-governments themselves. All submitted projects were evaluated.
Projects in the Program include:
- 10 projects regarding the revitalization of the line with a total length of approx. 315 km,
- 14 projects regarding the reconstruction or extension of the line to a total length of approx. 516 km,
- 7 projects regarding the construction of new lines with a total length of approx. 189 km,
- 3 documentation projects concerning approx. 183 km of railway lines.