The overarching aim of the workshop is to provide an opportunity for a selection of key international and Ukrainian stakeholders to discuss action options to achieve energy efficiency gains in the buildings sector, including the district heating networks, as well as sharing experiences on regulatory and policy measures that may facilitate energy efficiency technology deployment in Ukraine..
Drawing on the findings of the previous event on 5 November 2014 and building on the fruitful ongoing dialogue and co-operation between the IEA and the SAEE, this workshop aims to the following objectives:
The event was organised by the IEA in the framework of the International Low-Carbon Energy Technology Platform in collaboration with SAEE. The organisers wish to convey sincere thanks to the Government of the United Kingdom for the financial support, and to the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA) for the collaboration with communication and information activities relating to the event.
In 2015 two training opportunities were provided to Ukrainian stakeholder in the framework of the Energy Statistics Course in Paris on 2-6 March and during the seminar on Energy Efficiency Indicators for Policy Formulation in Kiev on 24-25 of March.
Additional information is available in this agency announcement.
- Sergiy Savchuk, Chairman - State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine (SAEE)
- HE Mr. Simon Smith, British Ambassador to Ukraine
- Simone Landolina, Coordinator, Int. Low-Carbon Energy Technology Platform - International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Alyona Babak, Member of the Ukrainian Parliament
Moderator: Elena Rybak, Vice Chairman of the Board - European-Ukrainian Energy Agency
- Marc LaFrance, Energy Technology Policy Analyst - International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Vira Bozhok, Chief of Energy Statistics Division - State Statistics Service of Ukraine
Moderator: Simone Landolina, Coordinator, Int. Low-Carbon Energy Technology Platform - International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Marcos Gonzalez Alvarez, Policy Officer - European Commission, DG Energy
- Volodymyr Buchyk, Deputy Head of State Regulation Department - State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine (SAEE)
- Vitaliy Shapovalenko, Consultant - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Session 3 - The Energy Efficiency Technology Landscape: From Building Technologies to District Heating
Moderator: Marc LaFrance, Energy Technology Policy Analyst - International Energy Agency (IEA)
Part 1- Building Technologies:
- Alexander Zhivov, International Energy Agency - Energy Technology Initiative on Energy in Buildings and Communities (IEA-EBC)
- Krzysztof Gierulski, Officer - European Commission’s Support Group for Ukraine (SGUA)
- Denis Rotar, Technical Advisor - Saint-Gobain Construction Products Ukraine
- Yuriy Khlystov, EcoBuilding & Solar Division Director - Schneider Electric
Part 2 - District Heating and Cogeneration:
- Maria Grajcar, DH Specialist, Europe and International - Der Energieeffizienzverband für Wärme, Kälte und KWK e. V. (AGFW)
- Albert Grigoryan, Country Delegate for Ukraine / Head of GDF SUEZ Kiev Office - GDF SUEZ
- Alessandro Foresti, Partner - Turboden
- Yurii Kolupailo, Director for Energy Saving and Logistics, Acting Deputy Chairman of the Board - Naftogaz Ukraine
Moderator: Kostiantyn Taranets, Senior Consultant - Ernst & Young – Cleantech & Sustainability Services
- Eric Berman, Founder - RenEsco
- Olena Borysova, Program Manager - European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) / Ukraine’s Sustainable Lending Facility (USELF)
- Grzegorz Stefan Gajda, Project Manager - International Finance Corporation / World Bank (IFC)
- Ima Khrenova-Shymkina, Deputy Director of the Project "Energy Efficiency in Municipalities"- GIZ