This high level public webinar will be held to mark the official launch of the Bahasa Indonesian, French and Spanish versions of the Recommendations of the Global Commission on People-Centred Clean Energy Transitions.
Following up on the Glasgow Climate Pact of the COP26 Climate Change Conference, in which parties “recognised the need to ensure just transitions that promote sustainable development and eradication of poverty”, the event will explore way forwards and next steps towards implementing countries’ pledges to people-centred clean energy transitions.
A key component of implementing these commitments will be to ensure the voices of younger generations are integrated in agenda setting and decision making. This event will include a conversation involving global youth representatives to discuss some of the most important people-centred issues at the heart of clean energy transitions.
This webinar will be livestreamed in English and Bahasa Indonesian on the day of the event on this page. It will also be available in French and Spanish on this page shortly after the event.
Welcoming Address by Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Arifin Tasrif, Minister for Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia
- Tinne Van Der Straeten, Minister for Energy, Belgium
Chrisnawan Anditya, Director of New and Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia
Youth Panel Discussion
Moderated by Brian Motherway, Head of Energy Efficiency, International Energy Agency
- Sadikshya Aryal, Co-founder of Himalayan Innovations, Leader of Girls4Rurals, Founding Member of Rural Development Initiative (RDI)
- Marvio Bitersi Pantas, Borneo and Sulawesi Patriot Energy Coordinator, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia
- Axell Cooper Sutton Antonio, Co-founder, Climate Education
- Yetunde Fadeyi, Founder and Director, REES Africa
- Arliza Nathania Hutagalung, Chairwoman, Society of Renewable Energy (SRE) Women