Follow along live as we bring together leaders in national government, civil society and business to discuss how next-generation energy efficiency policies and programmes can accelerate achievement of high-ambition climate goals and clean energy transitions.
The International Energy Agency’s 6th Annual Global Conference on Energy Efficiency will draw together a high-level audience from around the world and will be a major input to the IEA-COP26 Net Zero Summit the following day.
The Global Conference on Energy Efficiency will bring together leaders in national government, civil society and business to discuss how next-generation energy efficiency policies and programmes can accelerate achievement of high-ambition climate goals and clean energy transitions.
The Conference will also feature the work of the Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) Initiative and COP26 Call to Action to drive ambition on product energy efficiency to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions, promote business innovation, and ensure consumer access to affordable and high-performing technologies.
To register your interest and stay up to date on the Global Conference, please click the apply button. You can also check this page over the coming weeks for updates. We look forward to you joining the discussion.
Session 1: Next-Generation Efficiency Policy for High-Ambition Targets
- HE Anne-Marie Trevelyan, Minister of State for Business, Energy and Clean Growth, United Kingdom
- Ms Inger Andersen, Executive Director, UN Environment Programme
- HE Dr. Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar, Minister of Environment, Nigeria
- Mr Su Wei, Deputy Secretary-General, National Development and Reform Commission, China
- HE Kiyoshi Ejima, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan
- HE Claude TURMES, Minister of Energy, Luxembourg
- HE Kadri Simson, Commissioner for Energy, European Commission
Session 1 Panel Discussion:
- Mr Rashid Ali Abdallah, Executive Director of the African Energy Commission
- Ms Joyce Henry, Director General for Natural Resources Canada
- Dr Kathleen Hogan, Acting Under Secretary for Science & Energy, US Department of Energy
- Ms Ditte Juul Joergensen, Director General for Energy, European Commission
Session 2: Super-Efficient Products for Net-Zero Transitions
- Mr Jamshyd Godrej, Chairman and Managing Director, Godrej & Boyce
- Mr Daniel Zhang, CEO, BROAD Group
- Ms Paula R. Glover, President, Alliance to Save Energy
- Mr Kim Fausing, CEO, Danfoss
Session 2 Panel Discussion:
- Mr Abhay Bakre, Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, India
- Ms Adriana Lobo, CEO, WRI Mexico
- Mr Katsuyuki Sawai, Executive Officer, Daikin Industries
- Dr Markus Thill, President of Africa, Robert Bosch
- Mr Morten Wierod, President of Motion, ABB