The International Energy Agency’s fourth annual Global Conference on Energy Efficiency took place in Dublin, Ireland, on Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 June.
The Irish Prime Minister, Mr Leo Varadkar, opened the event, which featured Ministers, CEOs and heads of international organisations, and an audience of 400 participants from more than 50 countries.
The impact of digitalisation on energy efficiency, and lessons learned from leaders around the world, was a key theme of the conference. Additional themes included financing, business and policy innovations and the multiple benefits of energy efficiency.
Please refer to the conference report and the presentations below for more details.
Energy efficiency is a key focus area for the IEA, and this annual conference draws a large international audience and brings together dignitaries and senior leaders to advance global progress on energy efficiency. The IEA also conducts a range of activities on energy efficiency including in-depth analysis, best practice sharing with governments across the globe and capacity building with policy makers in emerging economies. Please visit our Global Exchange for Energy Efficiency for more information.
24 June, Monday, at Dublin Castle
The high-level day of the conference featured keynotes and interventions from global dignitaries.
Proceedings were opened by the Irish Prime Minister, Mr Leo Varadkar, and the IEA Executive Director, Dr. Fatih Birol.
Chair: Richard Bruton, Minister for Communications, Climate Action & Environment, Ireland
• Zhang Yong, Vice-Chairman, National Development and Reform Commission, China
• Mark W. Menezes, Under Secretary of Energy, United States Department of Energy
• Hennadiy Zubko, Vice Prime Minister, Minister for Regional Development, Construction and Housing, Ukraine
• Claude Turmes, Minister for Energy & Minister for Spatial Planning, Luxembourg
• Barbara Botos, Deputy Secretary of State for Climate, Hungary
• João Galamba, Secretary of State for Energy, Portugal
• Lisa Davis, CEO Gas and Power, Siemens AG
• Pierre André de Chalendar, CEO, Saint-Gobain
• Francesco Venturini, CEO, Enel X
• Hakan Bulgurlu, CEO, Arcelik
• Andrew McDowell, Vice President, European Investment Bank
• Yannick Glemarec, Executive Director, Green Climate Fund
Global Policy Insights
• Raj Pal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power, India
• Mohammed bin Jarsh Al-Falasi, Undersecretary, Department of Energy, Abu Dhabi
• Benoît Revaz, State Secretary, Swiss Federal Office of Energy, Switzerland
• Ulrich Benterbusch, Deputy Director General, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany
• Laura Sandys, Chair, Energy Data Taskforce, United Kingdom
• Jürgen Schneider, Director General, Federal Ministry for Sustainability & Tourism, Austria
Global Market Insights
• Tuuli Sarvilinna, VP Business Development, Danfoss Drives
• Sandra Schoonhoven, Head of Global Sustainability, ING
• Yukiko Araki, Executive General Manager, Hitachi
• Terrill Laughton, Vice President and General Manager of Energy Optimization and Connected Offerings, Johnson Controls
• Stephen Harper, Global Director, Environment and Energy Policy, Intel
25 June, Tuesday, at the Mansion House
The second day of the conference featured senior leaders and experts from across the globe, and will be dedicated to in-depth discussions on trending efficiency topics. Sessions were structured around themes like business models and financing innovations, digital technologies and systems, behavioural trends and policy innovations
A New Era of Efficiency Progress
• Helen Clarkson, CEO, The Climate Group
• Jules Kortenhorst, CEO, Rocky Mountain Institute
• Julie O'Neill, Chair, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
• Barbara Jinks, Director, Government Affairs, Gas Infrastructure Europe
• Anne Arquit Niederberger, Vice President, Market Development, Enervee
Finance and Business Models
• Terry McCallion, Director, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, EBRD
• Lily Zhao, Vice Director, ESCO Committee of China Energy Conservation Association
• Noura Al-Saud, Partner AEON Strategy, Saudi Arabia
• Monica Gazmuri Del Curto, Director General, ANESCO Chile
Enabling Efficiency Through Digitalisation
• Jeff Hamel, Director Global Energy and Enterprise Partnerships, Google
• Mike Hughes, President, UK & Ireland, Schneider Electric
• Charlotte Wang, Founder and CEO, EQuota, China
• Sau Sheong Chang, CEO, Singapore Power Digital
• Nikola Sucevic, Chief Data Scientist, PT Smartfren Telecom
For all questions please write to: email@example.com
For press inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org