This standard is adopted based on the title year, but only takes effect in the market based on the following laws:
- Decision 24/2018/QD-TTg stipulates the list of equipment subject to energy labelling program, application of MEPS and the roadmap.
1. Import, production and business are not permitted since the effective date of this Decision for equipment with energy efficiency levels not meeting the minimum energy efficiency levels in national standards (TCVN. ) specified in Annex I attached to this Decision.
2. It is not allowed to import, produce and do business after 02 years from the effective date of this Decision for equipment with energy efficiency levels not meeting the minimum energy efficiency levels specified in the Vietnam Standards prescribed. specified in Appendix II to this Decision.
Promulgated 18 May 2018. This Decision takes effect on July 10, 2018. This updates Decision No. 78/2013 / QD-TTg dated December 25, 2013.
MEPS is calculated based on the equation below:
Fridge E-max = 0.302 * V-adj + 386
Freezer E-max = 0.451 * V-adj + 515
E-max in max power consumption in a year (kWh/yr)
V-adj converted volume in Liters
See reference for V-adj
MEPS is R ≤
Comparative labelling is based on energy efficiency index, R
R = E-max / E-year
E-year is annual electricity consumption in kWh/yr
1-star: 1.1 < R ≤ 1.2
2-star: 1.2< R ≤ 1.4
3-star: 1.4 < R ≤ 1.6
4-star: 1.6 < R ≤ 1.8
5-star: R ≥ 1.8
- Regulatory instruments
- Codes and standards
- Minimum energy performance standard
- Information and education
- Performance labels
- Comparison label