The Strategy’s objective is to achieve universal access to electricity. This will be through the diversification of electricity supply options that include renewable energy source and, reduction of production of costs. The Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA), is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the strategy. The government sees universal access to sustainable energy as key to the reduction of poverty in rural areas.
Some of the goals are:
- Increase the national electrification rate by around 60% by 2025;
- Increase installed production capacity by 9.900MW by 2025 using 66% water sources, 19% natural gas sources, 8% renewable energies, and 7% thermal energy.
- Renewable Energy
- Strategic planning
- Information and education
- Multiple renewable technologies
- IEA/IRENA Renewables Policies Database