EUR 5 million is available to be distributed as an investment subsidy to support deployment of large solar thermal plants in 2013.
Support is available for demonstration projects with a minimum size of 50m2 and up to 2,000m2.
Scheme aim is to:
- Support heat production from solar collectors;
- Micro-grids, local and district heating networks with solar heaters presence;
- Meting 20% of commercial buildings heat demand with solar thermal energy;
- Solar assisted air-conditioning;
- Development of new technologies and innovative approaches in the field of solar thermal sector.
Grants are not available to private persons. Legal person carrying out commercial activities are eligible (enterprises, district heating network operators, utilities, tourism businesses, public institutions in the form of a company with a market-driven activity).
Level of the support per each project is established individually.
Scheme is open for new application between 24th April 2013 and 27th September 2013.
- Renewable Energy
- Fiscal/financial incentives
- Heating and Cooling
- Solar thermal
- IEA/IRENA Renewables Policies Database