The ordice regulates the vocational education for technicians in the energy sector, including those in renewable energy. The certification/training programme for installers is based on articles 20a – 20e of the Energy from Renewable Sources Act, which state that the installation, maintece, repair and reconstruction of renewable energy facilities with a capacity up to 30 kW for buildings in urban areas and up to 200 kW for buildings in industrial areas shall be performed by people registered by the State Agency for Metrological and Technical Surveillance (SAMTS) and having received a certificate issued by the SAMTS.
Installers of renewable energy facilities shall be able to:
1. Explain the purpose, principle of operation and constructions of RES plants, equipment and work processes.
2. Explain the technical and technological installation requirements.
3. Participate in preparations of the site and select the necessary equipment.
4. Assemble and disassemble facilities, pipes and fittings complying with the technological order.
5. Report the implementation of these activities.
The costs for the professional training and examinations are borne by the installers.