Canada's Critical Minerals Strategy Discussion Paper is a strategic plan draft outlining Canada's approach to advancing leadership in the responsible, inclusive and sustainable production of critical minerals, from mines to manufacturing. The draft was launched in advance of a new national critical minerals strategy, currently being developed. Experts and the public are asked to comment and elaborate on the discussion paper document to contribute to the development of the national strategy.
The discussion paper includes six areas of focus:
- Driving research, innovation and exploration
- Accelerating project development
- Building sustainable infrastructure
- Advancing Indigenous reconciliation
- Growing a diverse workforce and prosperous communities
- Strengthening global leadership and security