The Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDEA) expanded the budget for the Aid Program for energy efficiency actions in SMEs and large companies in the industrial sector.
The fund is used for the implementation of energy saving and efficiency measures in industry to reduce carbon emissions and final energy consumption. Said measures include:
- Renovation of the steam and hot water production system.
- Regulation of motors by electronic speed variators.
- Replacement of the existing low energy efficiency lighting system with a high energy efficiency LED system.
- Boiler performance improvement by burner replacement and heat recovery.
- Recovery of residual heat.
- Replacement of plastic injection machines with more efficient ones.
- Energy optimization in the generation of industrial cooling.
- Improvement of energy efficiency in the textile finishing process.
- Replacement of air compressors with high-efficiency equipment.
The total budget of the program after extension amounts to EUR 378 million. Due to the economic consequences of the pandemic, the term of the program was extended until June 30,2023.