Sustainable mobility is the 15th component of the Climate Transition pillar from Portugal's Recovery Plan. The EUR 967 million budget will be used to decarbonize and improve the public transport systems and promote its use in order to reduce the dependence on individual road transport. The measures include:
A reform of the Transports Ecosystem to promote public transport and its network expansion.
- Expansion of the Lisbon metro network - Red line to Alcântara (EUR 304 million)
- Expansion of the Porto metro network - Casa da Música-Santo Ovídio (EUR 299 million)
- Light metro Odiverals-Loures (EUR 250 million)
- BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) Boavista Line - Império (EUR 66 million)
- Decarbonisation of public transport (EUR 48 million): purchase of 145 clean vehicles.