The Victorian Government published its zero emissions vehicle roadmap, which aims for 50% of light vehicles sales to be zero emissions vehicles by 2030.
The AUD 100 million package of policies and programs is designed to achieve the above target, including:
- AUD 46 million for individual subsidies at the point of purchase
- AUD 19 million to accelerate the roll-out of the charging infrastructure
- AUD 20 million for zero emissions public transport buses
- AUD 10 million to replace 400 vehicles of the Victorian government fleet with zero emission vehicles
- AUD 5 million for a commercial sector zero emissions vehicle innovation fund
- AUD 298 thousand for a study on EV readiness in new buildings