Among the 10 key projects of the Korean New Deal, one aims to develop electric and hydrogen mobility. To do so, the government is focusing on:
- Electric cars: A total of 1,130,000 vehicles to be supplied, as well as charging equipment
- Hydrogen fuel cell cars: A total of 200,000 vehicles to be supplied, along with the stable supplies of hydrogen fuel
- Old diesel vehicles: Promote scrapping of old diesel vehicles, including construction vehicles and farm machines
- Old vessels: Promote replacement with LNG vessels and use diesel particulate filters (DPF) for public vessels
- R&Ds for future cars: Develop parts for future electric cars, hydrogen fuel cell systems and fuels for eco-friendly vessels
A total of 8.6 trillion won (5.6 trillion won from fiscal investment) will be invested by 2022, creating 52,000 jobs, and by 2025 a total of 20.3 trillion won (13.1 trillion won from fiscal investment) will be invested, creating 151,000 jobs.