The IEA Energy and Carbon Tracker is a new interactive product showcasing a wide set of indicators to analyse historical trends of CO2 emissions, energy, power and sectoral patterns at country level. This product is published in Excel format and includes graphs of time series and decomposition analyses, also allowing for country comparison.
The data are derived from the IEA 2020 editions of World Energy Balances, CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion and Energy Efficiency Indicators databases. The user-friendly design allows visual presentation of a set of analyses which help tracking decarbonisation for each country and globally.
The Tracker includes annual data from 1990 to year-1 for selected indicators for all OECD countries, the IEA Family and other selected countries; and up to year-2 for the global set of indicators for over 160 countries and regions.
The Tracker includes graphs and data for the following indicators:
- CO2 emissions by sector and by product
- CO2 and energy related socio-economic indicators
- Total energy supply by source and by product
- Sectoral shares in Total final consumption
- Power generation and sectoral CO2 emissions by product
- Share of power generation by product
- Drivers of CO2 emissions from electricity generation
- Sectoral energy consumption by product
- End-use energy consumption by sector
Please direct any questions you may have on this product to email@example.com.
Please note that your use of the data is subject to our terms and conditions.
In particular, you would need to enter into a Licence Agreement with the IEA and pay a fee if you wish to use the IEA’s data in any type of modelling for the purpose of creating derived data or derived products, and any services to distribute or display such derived products.
If you intend such usage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated in November each year.