High-level event on Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs)
Venue: Netherlands Pavilion at COP 21
Dates: 8 December 2015
Organiser: IEA/ EVI, UNEP, UN-HABITAT, ZEV Alliance, PPMC, AVERE, C40 and the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment.
Contact Email: email@example.com
High level representatives from government, the private sector, civil society and international organisations met on 8 December 2015, at the Netherlands Pavilion at the UNFCCC COP21 meeting, to discuss the role that zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) play in mitigating climate change.
The event was an occasion for private sector stakeholders (car manufacturers, utilities, and charging technology companies) and government representatives to discuss the readiness of ZEVs to reduce emissions now and in the future, as part of strategies in transport and clean energy.
It was also an opportunity to develop on the ambitious goals presented in the Paris Declaration on Electro-Mobility and Climate Change and Call to Action, presented at COP 21 during the Lima Paris Action Agenda (LPAA) Transport Focus.
Welcome and introduction
Sharon Dijksma, State Secretary, Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment, Netherlands
Private sector panel: status, objectives and expectations for the deployment of ZEVs
Moderator: Dr. Kamel Ben Naceur, Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technologies, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Dr. Thomas Becker, Vice President governmental & External affairs and sustainability, BMW
- Nadine Leclair, Senior Vice President, Renault-Nissan
- Stella Li, Senior Vice President, BYD
- Senan McGrath, Chief Technology Officer, Electricity Supply Board (ESB) Ireland
- Pasquale Romano, Chief Executive Officer, ChargePoint
Moderator: Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr. Ernest Moniz, Secretary of Energy, United States
- Ibrahim Baylan, Minister of Energy, Sweden
- Dipuo Peters, Minister of Transport, South Africa
- Jens Frølich Holte, Junior Minister of Climate and Environment, Norway
Public sector panel: ZEV status, vision, and commitments
Moderator: Dr. Joan Clos, Executive Director, UN Habitat
- Edmund G. Brown Jr., Governor, California
- Philippe Couillard, Premier, Québec
- Peter Shumlin, Governor, Vermont
Dr. Ligia Noronha, Director for the Division of Technology, Industry and Economics (DTIE), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)Browse all upcoming & past workshops
WorkshopConference on the Promotion of Women in the Clean Energy SectorSantiago, Chile
WorkshopThird IEA Global Conference on Energy EfficiencyParis, France