EPRI/IEA Workshop Renewables and Clean Energy for Industries
Venue: Washington DC, United States
Dates: 29 November 2016 - 30 November 2016
Organiser: IEA / EPRI
Contact Email: email@example.com
The Electric Power Research Institute and the International Energy Agency held a workshop on Renewables & Clean Energy for Industries, Nov 29 & 30, in Washington, DC. The event will highlight research underway by EPRI and IEA as well as utility and industry efforts on decarbonization and electrification.
This event was part of IEA’s workshop series on Renewable Energies for Industries (see first workshop materials). Experts from industry, research groups, and multilateral institutions will share their experiences in dealing with the challenges and opportunities in advancing clean technologies across various sectors and countries. Concrete case studies in various countries, industry sectors and technologies were presented and discussed.
The workshop sessions along with the presented talks are below.
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
- Anda Ray, SVP, Environment and External Relations, EPRI: Vision for an Integrated Energy Network
- Paolo Frankl, Head of Renewable Energy Division, IEA: Renewable Energies for Industries
SESSION 1: SETTING THE SCENE – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
- Geoff Blanford, EPRI: Long-term Decarbonization Scenarios
- Eric Masanet, IEA: Energy Technology Perspective Scenarios for Industry Decarbonization
- Yera Ortiz de Urbina, International Renewable Energy Agency: REMap and its Signification for Industry
SESSION 2: CLEAN ENERGY DEPLOYMENT – CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Doug Arent & Trieu Mai, National Renewable Energy Lab: High Renewables Scenarios
- Tom Kerr, International Finance Corp.
- Jae Edmonds, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory: Climate Scenarios Toward the Mid-Century
SESSION 3: RENEWABLE ENERGY FOR INDUSTRY
- Werner Weiss, IEA SHC/AEE Intec: Solar Heat for Industrial Applications - Current State of Play
- John O’Donnell, Glasspoint: Concentrated Solar Thermal for EOR Operation in Oman
- Parthiv Kurup, National Renewable Energy Lab.
- Klara Helstad, Swedish Energy Agency: Electrification of Industries – Swedish Examples: CO2-free Steelmaking.
- David de Jager, IEA- Renewable Energy Technology Deployment: Case Studies
SESSION 4: ELECTRIFICATION OF INDUSTRY
- Colin McMillan, National Renewable Energy Lab
- Allen Dennis, EPRI: Electric Technologies in Commercial and Industrial Sectors
- Donald Brundage, Southern Company: U.S. Utility Experience
- Keith Dennis, National Rural Electric Cooperative: Environmentally Beneficial Electrification
SESSION 5: NATIONAL PERSPECTIVES AND ENABLING POLICIES
- Jennifer Layke, World Resources Institute: Corporate Demand for Renewables and Long-term Options
- Akira Yabe, Renewable Energy, Energy System & Hydrogen Unit, Technology Strategy Center (NEDO), Japan
- Chris Bataille, Deep Decarbonization Pathways Project: Canada
- Steve Capanna, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, DOE
- Louise Vickery, Australian Renewable Energy Agency
SESSION 6: NATIONAL PERSPECTIVES AND ENABLING POLICIES
- Francisco de la Chesnaye, EPRI
- Cédric Philibert, International Energy Agency
Feb25February 25, 2019 08:00
WorkshopNuclear power in a clean energy systemUIC-P Espace Congrès, 16 rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, FRANCE
Feb19February 19, 2019 16:53
WorkshopWEO Biogas and Renewable Natural GasParis, France
Feb14February 14, 2019 09:00
WorkshopDevelopments in Materials Research for FusionCCM, 27 rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris