Workshop on System Resiliency and Flexibility
Venue: Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, Vienna, Austria
Dates: 13 May 2019 - 14 May 2019
Organiser: IEA Experts' Group on R&D Priority Setting and Evaluation (EGRD)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Issues to be addressed during the course of the two-day workshop include:
What will the future energy system look like? What are the key challenges and main risks for energy systems with a high share of variable energy sources?
- Which RES are required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement?
- To what extent does the increase of RES require technologies to balance supply and demand?
- Differing challenges in various countries: workshop 'one size fits all' or unique solutions?
- Are existing technologies sufficient to deal with the necessity of balancing supply and demand?
New technologies and new business models: where are we heading?
- Which technologies for the increase of flexibility are applied on a global scale?
- Of the existent climate change adaptation technologies, which are suitable and ready for the system of the next 50 years?
- What are the possibilities and prospects of new technologies to balance supply and demand?
Best practice examples: what lessons have been learned so far?
- Learning from showcase regions around the world: necesiity of individualised solutions for different needs?
- Which lessons can be learned from regions with a high share of intermittent RES, and are there any further derived findings?
What are the resilient transformation paths for the future?
- Analysis: what are the system's weak points and which factors contribute to a high vulnerability?
- What can be done in order to add a greater impetus to resilience and adaptive capacity?
Which are the main factors to be considered regarding R&D policies and decision making?
- What potential lies in the transformation towards flexible energy systems to improve resilience?
- Which questions need to be addressed in future R&D policies?
- Which funding instruments will be required?
- Which R&D programmes for the development of new technologies to increase flexibility and system resilience exist already?
More information and a detailed programme will be available shortly on this page.Browse all upcoming & past workshops
Feb25February 25, 2019 08:00
WorkshopNuclear power in a clean energy systemUIC-P Espace Congrès, 16 rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, FRANCE
Feb19February 19, 2019 16:53
WorkshopWEO Biogas and Renewable Natural GasParis, France
Feb14February 14, 2019 09:00
WorkshopDevelopments in Materials Research for FusionCCM, 27 rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris