Global EV Pilot City Programme
Facilitating communications and cooperation on EVs among leading global cities
The EVI Global EV Pilot City Programme (EVI-PCP) aims to create a global platform for to facilitate communications and cooperation among leading global cities interested in stimulating and increasing the uptake of electric mobility within their jurisdictions.
As one of the main pillars of the EV30@30 Campaign, The Electric Vehicles Initiative (EVI) Global EV Pilot City Programme (EVI-PCP) aims to build a network of at least 100 cities over an initial period of 5 years, to work together on the promotion of electric mobility. Central pillars of the programme are to facilitate information exchange among cities and to encourage the replication of best practices, for example through webinars and workshops. Another important element is to use the network to build on experience gained by creating analytical outputs and reports to help cities and other stakeholders learn from earlier experiences of member cities.
EVI-PCP was officially launched at the 9th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) meeting on 24 May 2018. EVI-PCP is coordinated jointly by the IEA and Shanghai International Automobile City (SIAC). Both entities constitute the EVI Global EV Pilot City Programme's Joint Secretariat.
Why join the EVI Global EV Pilot City Programme?
By joining EVI-PCP, you will...
- Gain access to a global network of practitioners in major cities, leading or committed to leading, transport electrification programmes. You will get opportunities to share experiences, best practices and lessons learned.
- Interact with the representatives of national ministries and agencies responsible for EV policies at a country level, and learn how to better coordinate action between local and national levels.
- Showcase the leadership of EV pilot cities at high-profile events coordinated by the IEA, Clean Energy Ministerial, and partner organisations.
- Gain access to data and experiences and draw insights from in-depth global and country-specific analysis on EV deployment, via city-level reporting presented in publications such as the annual Global EV Outlook
- Benefit from and contribute to PCP Webinars (such as Electric Mobility in Chinese Cities), the Global EV Pilot City Forum and other activities of EVI-PCP, by presenting your projects and achievements, participating in joint working sessions on topics such as charging, regulations, and interoperability, and sharing your vision with key policy makers.
News & announcementsView all
May 27 May 27, 2019 13:34
Event Global EV Outlook 2019 Vancouver, Canada
Dec 4 December 04, 2018 12:30
Event Declaration Driving Change Together – Katowice Partnership for Electromobility Katowice, Poland: Lubelskie Climate Action Room 3
Sep 5 September 05, 2018 11:00
Jun 13 June 13, 2018 09:00
May 28 May 28, 2018 09:00
Workshop CEM - EVI Pilot City Forum 2018 Helsinki
Nov 6 November 06, 2017 00:00
Oct 12 October 12, 2017 09:00
Workshop Towards a Consumer-Driven Energy System: Understanding Human Behaviour Hosted by the Technical University of Denmark
Mar 28 March 28, 2017 00:00
Workshop Scaling-up renewables through decentralised energy solutions Paris
Nov 16 November 16, 2016 13:00
Workshop Fleets for the early deployment of electric vehicles Tensift, Green zone, COP22 Marrakech, Morocco
Nov 7 November 07, 2016 00:00
Mar 14 March 14, 2016 00:00
Workshop Renewable Energy Policies Post - COP21 Paris
Dec 8 December 08, 2015 13:30
Workshop High-level event on Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs) Netherlands Pavilion at COP 21
May 4 May 04, 2015 09:00
Workshop Towards a Global EV Market Goyang, Korea
Mar 24 March 24, 2015 00:00