The IEA’s Renewable Energy Division closely works with a range of strategic partners to get advice and insights from governments, industry and other renewable sector experts.
Working Party on Renewable Energy Technologies (REWP)
The principal objective of the Working Party on Renewable Energy Technologies (REWP) is to provide advice to the IEA Committee on Energy Research and Technology and other IEA bodies on renewable energy sources and technologies, related policies, trends, projects, programmes and strategies which address the energy security, diversity and environmental interests of IEA Member countries.
As part of the IEA’s Global Engagement Strategy, the REWP also increasingly encourages collaboration with IEA partner countries and international bodies such as the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
The REWP oversees the work of the nine IEA Technology Collaboration Programmes (formally known as Implementing Agreements) dedicated to renewable energy and hydrogen sources. Finally, it ensures a dialogue between governments and the private sector by monitoring the role of finance and markets through the Renewable Industry Advisory Board (RIAB), an informal body created by the CERT in June 2011.
Renewable Industry Advisory Board (RIAB)
The Renewable Industry Advisory Board (RIAB) was established to enhance industry contact with the IEA and its Renewable Energy Working Party. RIAB is made up of a selected group of leading industrial stakeholders from the renewable energy sector, represented at Board Level, and meets two or three times a year.
RIAB contributes to IEA work on renewables by:
- Providing additional up-to-date industry insights on significant industrial, market, regulatory, financial and innovation trends
- Providing a forum for strategic discussion among RIAB members, governments and the IEA on key issues which can aid the implementation of solutions for large-scale deployment of renewable energy technologies inside and outside OECD countries.
Click here for RIAB Annual Meeting information (RIAB members only).
Our work on Renewables
- IEA officials visit Samarkand for high-level meetings and policy forums
12 October 2018
- Modern bioenergy leads the growth of all renewables to 2023, according to latest IEA market forecast
8 October 2018
- Singapore and the IEA co-host first ever ASEAN Clean Energy Investment and Financing Training Programme
31 August 2018
Events & workshops
WorkshopInterEnerStat Meeting 2018Paris, France
WorkshopSystems Integration Side EventYokohama, Japan