Energy Efficiency for Transport
This course was co-hosted with the Global Fuel Economy Initiative (GFEI).
As Transport is a key growth sector, it is important to ensure it follows a sustainable path, capturing all possible energy efficiency benefits. Challenges however abound and this course will discuss in-depth the main policy options available and issues associated with their implementation across the entire value chain.
This course is suitable for professionals whose work directly relates to energy efficiency in transport.
Topics covered in the course:
- Good practice energy efficiency policy recommendations for transport
- Transport modelling and tools
- Financial mechanisms for implementing energy efficiency for transport
- Energy efficiency indicators for transport
- Developing a policy and implementation framework
- Fuel economy standards
- Site visit to Autolib