Technology Collaboration Programme
Advancing the research, development and commercialisation of energy technologies
The IEA Technology Collaboration Programme supports the work of 38 independent, international groups of experts that enable governments and industries from around the world to lead programmes and projects on a wide range of energy technologies and related issues.
More about collaboration on
Smart Grids (ISGAN)
The ISGAN TCP is a strategic platform to support high-level government attention and action for the accelerated development and deployment of smarter, cleaner electricity grids around the world. Operating as both an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial, and as a TCP, the ISGAN TCP provides an important channel for communication of experience, trends, lessons learned, and visions in support of clean energy objectives as well as new flexible and resilient solutions for smart grids.
Main areas of work
Key activities and accomplishments (2017-18)
- Knowledge Transfer Projects (KTPs) on public support, Regulatory Sandboxes and KTP projects for Mexico and India
- Development of a web-based software tool for cost-benefit analysis and case studies
- Case studies on experimental (regulatory) sandboxes, market design, social costs and benefits, future power systems, TSO-DSO interaction, energy storage systems
Priorities and projects (2019-20)
- Knowledge Transfer Projects (KTPs)
- ISGAN Award of Excellence
- Public workshops
- Strengthening outreach with other TCPs and strengthening or establishing new strategic partnerships
- Further developing methods for knowledge sharing (e.g. KTP workshops, case-books, etc.)
- Letter of Intent for co-operation with Mission Innovation Challenge #1 on Smart Grids
- Joint organisation of the InnoGrid 2019 conference with ENTSO-E
- Policy support and briefs at CEM events; co-ordination with other CEM initiatives
- Collaboration on power system related research with the IEA, the Working Party on Energy End-Use Technologies, and other TCPs
- Memorandum of Understanding with Global Smart Grid Federation and member organisations
Why should your organisation become a member of ISGAN?
ISGAN provides a strategic platform for high-level government attention and action to advance the development and deployment of smarter, cleaner, and more flexible electricity systems around the world.