Technology Collaboration Programme
Advancing the research, development and commercialisation of energy technologies
The IEA Technology Collaboration Programme supports the work of 38 independent, international groups of experts that enable governments and industries from around the world to lead programmes and projects on a wide range of energy technologies and related issues.
More about collaboration on
Geothermal Energy (Geothermal)
The Geothermal TCP promotes international collaboration fostering and enhancing the development and sustainable use of geothermal energy. Activities are chiefly directed towards the sharing of information; developing technologies, techniques and best practices for exploration, development and utilisation; and producing and disseminating authoritative geothermal information and data.
Main areas of work
- Environmental impacts of geothermal development
- Direct use of geothermal energy
- Deep roots of volcanic geothermal systems
- Emerging geothermal technologies
- Data collection and information dissemination
Key activities and accomplishments (2017-18)
Participation at international events:
- Offenburg, Germany
- Florence, Italy
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Vienna, Austria
- Petropavlovsk, Russia
- Daejeon, Korea
- Canary Islands, Spain
- The Global Geothermal Alliance, supported by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA
- International Geothermal Association (IGA)
- Spanish Geothermal Technology Platform (GEOPLAT)
- ORMAT Technologies
Why should your organisation become a member of Geothermal?
The Geothermal TCP is a powerful framework for international collaboration and networking among nations, companies and industry organisations on all aspects of geothermal resources and geothermal energy.