Technology Collaboration Programme
Advancing the research, development and commercialisation of energy technologies
The IEA Technology Collaboration Programme supports the work of 38 independent, international groups of experts that enable governments and industries from around the world to lead programmes and projects on a wide range of energy technologies and related issues.
More about collaboration on
Clean Energy Education and Empowerment (C3E)
The C3E TCP, originally created as a CEM initiative in 2010, aims to build a community of women leaders in the field of clean energy across diverse sectors; create a framework for co-operation and information sharing among participating countries; and share best practices for effective strategies to advance women in the clean energy field. These objectives will be pursued by collecting, integrating, synthesising and distributing information on promising practices and policies to engage women in clean energy careers and leadership positions.
Main areas of work
- Knowledge and data collection on women in clean energy
- C3E International Ambassadors program and mentorship network
- C3E Awards program – increase visibility of women in the energy sector
- Communications – to facilitate exchange of policies and activities that support women in clean energy
Key activities and accomplishments (2017-18)
- Established as an IEA TCP in June 2017 by founding members Canada, Italy and Sweden
- Launch of Equalby30 campaign - a public commitment by public and private sector organizations to work towards equal pay, equal leadership and equal opportunities for women in the clean energy sector by 2030
- Publication of status report on gender equality in the energy sector
Priorities and projects (2019-20)
- Focus on development of C3E Ambassador and mentorship network
- Revise status report on gender equality in the energy sector
- Launch of the inaugural C3E International Awards program (May 2019) and launch of the second nomination process
- Published Equal by 30 success stories brochure and work with 100+ signatories under Equal by 30 to develop concrete commitments and a reporting framework
- Establish a stand-alone C3E web page
- Women’s Global Network for Energy Trasnition (GWNET)
- Renewables Energy Policy Network for the 21st century (REN21)
Why should your organisation become a member of C3E?
C3E TCP members participate in the dialogue to enhance collaboration and promote the participation of women in the clean energy transformation, at an international level. The activities of the C3E TCP can inform and complement national gender inititatives.