Terms and conditions for the Policies and Measures Databases (PAMS)
1. Your use of PAMS constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise indicated below, any reference to PAMS in these Terms and Conditions includes a reference to any or all of the Addressing Climate Change Database, Energy Efficiency Database, Building Energy Efficiency Policies (“BEEP”) Database and the IEA/IRENA Global Renewable Energy Policies and Measures Database (the “Joint Database”) and any other such databases that may be included in this suite of databases in the future.
2. PAMS, other than the Joint Database which is subject to joint copyright by the OECD/IEA and IRENA, is subject to copyright by the OECD/IEA. You are responsible for any breach of copyright that you may commit.
3. Portions of PAMS may contain material or information that is subject to the copyright of a third party. If you wish to reproduce any such material or information, you must obtain the necessary permission from the copyright owner.
4. The following forms of copying are permitted and do not require the prior written permission of the IEA in its capacity as the rights administrator of PAMS:
a. you may reproduce portions of material or information from PAMS provided that such reproduction:
(i) does not have the effect of creating a duplicate or substantially similar database to PAMS; and
(ii) is appropriately attributed as coming from PAMS with one of the following notices:
(A) for information taken from the Joint Database:
IEA/IRENA Global Renewable Energy Policies and Measures Database © OECD/IEA and IRENA, [date of download of data or information]); or
(B) for information taken from across PAMS or from any section(s) of PAMS other than the Joint Database:
IEA Policies and Measures Database © OECD/IEA, [date of download of data or information];
b. you may modify, translate, alter, amend or disassemble material or information from PAMS, provided that such modification:
(i) does not have the effect of creating a substantially similar database to PAMS; and
(ii) is appropriately attributed as coming from PAMS or the Joint Database and modified by you, with one of the following notices:
(A) for information taken from the Joint Database:
Based on data from the IEA/IRENA Global Renewable Energy Policies and Measures Database © OECD/IEA and IRENA, [date of download of data or information], modified by [your name or the name of your company or organisation]; or
(B) for information taken from across PAMS or from section(s) of PAMS other than the Joint Database:
Based on data from the IEA Policies and Measures Database © OECD/IEA, [date of download of data or information], modified by [your name or the name of your company or organisation];
5. Except with permission in writing from the IEA (click here to send a request), you must not alter, delete or conceal the copyright notices contained anywhere in PAMS. Furthermore, you must not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any materials through PAMS, including but not limited to any information or software containing a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other damaging or destructive component, or link to such harmful material; do anything that adversely affects the operability or security of PAMS or that causes unreasonable inconvenience or offence or disruption to the IEA or IRENA employees or other users; and to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of PAMS.
6. Provided these Terms and Conditions are fully respected, you may include in your website hyperlinks to PAMS without having to seek specific permission. You shall not, however, use the emblem or acronym of the either OECD/IEA or IRENA or any of their intellectual property without prior written permission. A link to PAMS or to the IEA or IRENA websites, or any of their web pages, may not be used for the promotion of any organisation, company or individual or any commercial products or services.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitations on Liability.
7. PAMS are provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, from the IEA, IRENA or any of their respective Members, employees, agents, third-party content providers or licensors, including warranties of accuracy, availability, quality, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose or use and no warranties against infringement of the proprietary or other rights of third parties. Some of the information and/or material contained in PAMS is provided by entities other than OECD/IEA Member countries, IRENA Members or Signatory countries.
8. Neither the OECD/IEA nor IRENA nor any of their respective Members, employees, agents, third-party content providers or licensors:
a. warrant that access to and use of PAMS will be free from interruptions or free from errors, nor that any information accessible from PAMS or related to the data in PAMS is free of viruses, worms, or other harmful components;
b. provide any warranty as to the content of PAMS or any results that may be obtained from your use of PAMS. PAMS is not intended to be, and nor should it be, relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any decisions. You should obtain appropriate independent advice before making any such decision;
c. are responsible for the procurement, installation or maintenance of any equipment on which you access information or material from PAMS or for any communications connection by which information or material from PAMS is transmitted;
d. are responsible for any communication delays or interruptions to access to such information or material from PAMS; and
e. shall, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered (including all loss of profit, loss of use, loss of revenue, loss of contracts, increased costs and expenses and all special, indirect and consequential losses) which is claimed to result from access (or lack of access) to, use of, or reliance on, PAMS and any information contained in PAMS or through links to third party content on PAMS, including without limitation, from any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay in such respect.
9. You further expressly acknowledge and agree that information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks provided to you through PAMS and located on other sites throughout the combined global electronic networks known as the Internet and the World-Wide-Web are provided solely as a resource and a convenience to you. Such hyperlinks to other sites are not an endorsement by OECD/IEA or IRENA of those sites. Neither OECD/IEA nor IRENA makes any warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of such information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks. Neither OECD/IEA nor IRENA has tested any software located on other sites and they make no representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
10. The designations employed and the presentation of materials herein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the OECD/IEA, IRENA or any of their respective Members concerning the legal status of any region, country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term "country" also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas. The content and any included maps are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area. The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by the IEA or IRENA in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
11. Information and or material contained in PAMS do not necessarily represent the views of the OECD/IEA or IRENA or any of their respective individual IEA Member countries or IRENA Members or Signatory countries.