India Energy Outlook 2015 - World Energy Outlook Special Report
India is set for a period of rapid, sustained growth in energy demand: how could this re-shape the global energy scene?
This comprehensive analysis assesses the multiple challenges and opportunities facing India as it develops the resources and infrastructure to meet its energy needs. The report:
- Explores how major new policy initiatives, from "24x7 Power for All" to the "Make in India" campaign, affect India’s energy outlook
- Identifies the investment required in India’s generation and grid in order to provide universal, secure and affordable electricity supply
- Highlights the growing role of renewables, led by wind and solar, in India’s energy future, alongside the continued importance of coal
- Evaluates the energy security and environmental strains that accompany India’s rise and how they can be addressed
- Assesses the implications for a global energy system in which India exerts ever-larger influence