|Policy status:||In Force|
|Date Effective:||2009 (September)|
|Policy Type:||Policy Support, Policy Support>Strategic planning, Regulatory Instruments, Economic Instruments, Information and Education|
|Policy Target:||Multiple RE Sources, Solar, Wind, Solar>Solar photovoltaic|
|Agency:||Ministry of Resources & Development|
|Funding:||Government; foreign donations|
National Energy Policy of 2009 provides an overall framework for a shift toward more sustainable national use of energy and is a supportive tool to Marshall Islands National Energy Policy 2009.
The document provides complex road map of how to achieve main goals of the Energy Policy 2009 outlining detailed budget for all objectives and designated clearly bodies responsible to see fulfilment of these goals.
Policy is divided for 9 chapters where 8th chapter is addressing Energy Efficiency and 9th chapter is solely contributed to Renewable Energies.
Strategies for Renewable Energy:
1) Determine the indigenous energy resources that are available for development;
2) Expand outer island solar electrification for off-grid areas;
3) Initial trials of outer island biofuel production and village electrification and transport based on that production;
4) Expand Majuro grid connected solar capacity;
5) Initial trials of outer island biofuel production and village electrification and transport based on that production;
6) Project monitoring and evaluation of CMI installations;
7) Replacement of electric water heaters with solar water heaters in existing buildings and use of solar water heaters for new buildings;
8) Feasibility study and project design for biofuel development;
|Related policies:||National Energy Policy 2009|
Last modified: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:56:30 CEST