|Year:||2010 (Jan 12th)|
|Policy status:||In Force|
|Date Effective:||2010 (Jan 12th)|
|Policy Type:||Policy Support>Strategic planning|
|Policy Target:||Multiple RE Sources>Power, Bioenergy>Biofuels for transport|
|Policy Sector:||Electricity, Transport|
|Size of Plant Targeted:||Small and Large|
|Agency:||National Energy Commission (Consejo Nacional de Energia)|
The Policy Plan 2010-2024 guides the national actions on energy.
It has four principal objectives:
- Guarantee quality, continuous and affordable energy access.
- Improve the role of the Government in the development of the energy sector by strengthening the institutional framework.
- Decrease the fossil fuel dependency.
- Minimize climate change, and the environmental and social impacts caused by the energy projects.
The strategic guideline in order to diversify the energy matrix through renewables includes the following initiatives:
- Develop RE projects for electricity generation including Hydro plant "El Chaparral"; Extension of the hydro plant " 5 de Noviembre"; redesign hydro project "El Cimarron".
- Develop a Master Plan for RE deployment.
- Establish regulations for new generation through RE projects.
- Devise regulations for biofuel production.
- Promote the development of Concentrated Solar Thermoelectric Power.
|Related policies:||Master Plan for Renewable Energy Development (2012-2026)
Last modified: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:02:06 CET