|Policy status:||In Force|
|Policy Type:||Policy Support>Strategic planning|
|Energy Efficiency Policy Targets:||Multi-Sectoral Policy|
|Agency:||Ministry of Energy|
|Energy Efficiency Description:|
in 2015, the Ministry of Energy published the National Energy Policy 2050 which includes a broad set of energy efficiency goals for 2035 and 2050, including:
- Consolidated Energy Services Company (ESCO) market in the public and private sectors
- Industry and transport use energy efficiently and are supported by energy management systems
- 70% of the main categories of appliances and equipment sold in the market are considered efficient
- All procurement of public passenger transport vehicles must include energy efficiency criteria as part of the evaluation.
- 100% of new public and residential buildings apply OECD standards for efficient buildings.
- Chile is an exporter of energy efficiency services
- Energy consumption is decoupled from gross domestic product
- The industry and transport sectors become regional models of energy efficiency
- 100% of the main categories of appliances and equipment sold in the market are efficient
- 100% of new buildings apply OECD standards for efficient buildings and have smart energy management and control systems.
- Chile adopts the highest international standards for energy efficiency for road, air, water and railway modes of transport.
- Bicycles representing at least 10% of modal shares in small and medium sized cities.
- Rail transport representing at least 15% for freight transport.
Last modified: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 18:46:17 CET