This standard is adopted based on the title year, but only takes effect in the market based on the following laws:
- Decision 51/2011/QD-TTg & Decision 03/2013/QD-TTg stipulates the list of equipment subject to energy labelling program, application of MEPS and the roadmap.
- For home appliances group: As of January 1, 2014, it is not allowed to import and produce devices with energy efficiency below the minimum energy efficiency.
- For industrial equipment, office equipment and commercial equipment: From January 1, 2015, it is not allowed to import and produce equipment with energy efficiency levels below the minimum energy efficiency.
- For round light products (incandescent lamps): From January 1, 2013, it is forbidden to import, produce and circulate lamps with a capacity of greater than 60 W.
- Decision 78/2013/QD-TTg, stipulates the list of equipment and roadmap for rejecting lower than MEPS appliance/equipment
- For household appliances and industrial equipment: From January 1, 2015, it is not allowed to import and produce equipment with energy efficiency levels below the minimum energy efficiency.
Promulgated 25 December 2013.
MEPS is based on the flask capacity in liters:
10 L : 0.096 kWh/L
15 L : 0.095 kWh/L
20 L : 0.084 kWh/L
30 L : 0.078 kWh/L
40 L : 0.082 kWh/L
Comparative labelling is based on K,
K = R-actual / R-min (see reference for determining R-actual)
1-star: K ≤
2-star: K ≤
3-star: K ≤
4-star: K ≤
5-star: K ≤ 0.8
Vietnamese standard TCVN 7898: 2009 for reserved water heaters - Energy efficiency has been replaced by National standard TCVN 7898: 2018 for Reserved water heaters - Efficacy energy capacity .
- Building end-uses
- Building systems
- Water heating