This program aims to reduce power consumption and promote energy use rationalization by encouraging use of high-efficiency electric devices that can lower power consumption.
The program promotes the use of high-efficiency electric devices to reduce electricity consumption and peak power. This is to encourage the public to rationalize their energy consumption. The program replaces old lighting systems with high-efficiency devices for free for the energy poor such as low-income groups and social welfare facilities. This is to improve their energy welfare.
* low-income groups: General recipients of the basic living assistance program prescribed in the National Basic Living Security Act
* Social welfare facilities: Community and Utility facilities that are reported to the Ministry of Health & Welfare and the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family
Targets of the program include:
- Projects to promote high-efficiency equipment: LED lamps with interior/exterior converter, inverters, coolers
- Projects to promote electricity load management equipment: cold storage systems, remote controlling systems of cooling and heating equipment, peak electricity control system, district cooling systems, gas cooling systems
- Projects to improve energy welfare: High-efficiency fluorescent lamps and LED lamps
- Building end-uses
- Building systems
- Space cooling