The Commercial HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) program is designed to encourage the use of high-efficiency equipment in both commercial new construction and retrofit applications. Available through participating SaskEnergy Commercial & Residential Network Members located across Saskatchewan, the program provides incentives based on the incremental price of energy-efficient natural gas boilers, furnaces, rooftop units, unit heaters, infrared radiant heaters, and Variable Speed ECM pumps. Incentives are based on the type, size, and number of units installed. To qualify for the program, a boiler plant must have an input rating of less than 400,000 BTU.
This offer is funded by SaskEnergy and SaskPower and is available from December 1, 2015 until November 30, 2017.
Furnaces under the Program must be:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified high efficiency natural gas furnace - 95% AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) with a brushless DC motor identified on the Natural Resources Canada website.
Boilers under the Program must be:
- High efficiency natural gas condensing boiler - 90%+ AFUE.
- Less than 400,000 BTU/hr.
- Be listed as an Eligible Boiler face="Times New Roman" color="#18527B"> face="Times New Roman" color=black>
Rooftop units under the Program must:
- Not exceed 20 tons.
- Provide at least two stages of natural gas heating.
- Provide at least SEER 15 cooling for units up to and including 5 tons.
- Provide at least EER 12 cooling for units larger than 5 tons.
- Be installed with an economizer.
- Be listed as an eligible rooftop unit.
Unit heaters under the Program must be:
- Condensing natural gas unit heater (90% thermal efficiency) identified on the Natural Resources Canada website.
- Minimum heating input of 40,000 BTU/hr.
Infrared radiant heaters under the Program must:
- Use natural gas.
- Have a minimum infrared radiant heater input rating of 40,000 BTU/hr.
- Less than 300,000 BTU/hr.
- Be used in an indoor space heating application only (outdoor patio heaters do not qualify).
Eligible pumps under the Program must:
- Utilize Variable Speed ECM pump technology and automatically vary output to heating requirements
- Be installed in a continuous yet variable flow application with the primary function being distribution of space heating for the building. (Redundant, staged, domestic hot water or on/off pump applications do not qualify).
- Be listed as an eligible pump.
- $650 for each eligible furnace in the replacement market.
- $300 for each eligible furnace in new construction.
- $10 per MBH (1000 BTU/hr) of the total boiler plant input (1 or more boilers).
Rooftop unit incentives:
- $500 for each eligible rooftop unit, plus $100 per ton.
Unit heater incentives:
- $1,000 / eligible condensing unit heater between 40,000 – 149.999 BTU/hr.
- $1,500 / eligible condensing unit heater between 150,000 – 299,999 BTU/hr.
- $2,000 /eligible condensing unit heater over 300,000 BTU/hr.
Infrared radiant incentives:
- $500 / eligible infrared radiant heater between 40,000 – 99,999 BTU/hr.
- $1,000 / eligible infrared radiant heater between 100,000 – 299,999 BTU/hr.
Eligible pump incentives:
- $250 / Variable Speed ECM Pump (>=0.15HP and <0.6HP)
- $500 / Variable Speed ECM Pump (>=0.6HP and <1.0HP)
- $750 / Variable Speed ECM Pump (>=1.0HP and <=2.0HP)
- Building end-uses
- Building vintage
- Existing buildings
- New buildings
- Multiple end-uses