The Energy Efficiency Incentive Program (EEIP) was designed to provide rebates to homeowners and consumers who purchase new, more energy efficient models of products that they use every day.
Terms and Conditions
- This program is available to all NWT residents, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Program is in the form of a mail-in rebate after purchase for energy efficient appliances, heating appliances, LED light bulbs and drain water heat recovery systems. For residential insulation it is necessary to meet with an Energy Management Specialist in order to fill in a pre-approval form before work is completed. For the Air Sealing rebate it is necessary to have a blower door test done on the home.
- Application for rebate needs to be received by AEA within 3 months of the purchase date on the receipt.
- Only products specified within these guidelines are eligible for rebates. Please check with Arctic Energy Alliance for exact listing of products that qualify.
- Only products purchased through NWT dealers are eligible for full rebates. Products purchased outside of the NWT but within Canada are eligible for 50% of the NWT rebate. Click for a list of participating dealers.
- Residents can apply for more than one rebate, to a maximum of two products per category, per household, per calendar year with the exception of home renovations.
- Each non-profit organization and business can apply for more than one rebate to the maximum of five products per category, per calendar year with the exception of home renovations.
- The Arctic Energy Alliance cannot be responsible for lost, late, incomplete or unreadable applications.
- Rebates are available as long as funds allocated by the Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories remain available.
- Final approval will be made by the Executive Director of Arctic Energy Alliance.
- Rebate forms must be complete and accurate to ensure prompt delivery of incentive.
Development Authority: Arctic Energy Alliance
- Building end-uses
- Building vintage
- Existing buildings
- New buildings