The minimum levels of energy efficiency of Air Conditioners is updated from Portaria Interminsterial No. 364 by this policy. This Program of Goals complements the Specific Regulation of Air conditioners, in compliance with the provisions of art. 2nd, § 2o of the Law No. 10,295, of 17 October 2001.
The minimum energy performance standard for split air conditioners is: 2.60 W/W
The application of this standard is done following this timetable:
High-Wall and Split Window AC
- 31/12/2011 for manufacturing and import is allowed only for AC conforming with the standard;
- 31/12/2012 Marketing by Manufacturers and Importers;
- 31/12/2013 Marketing by Wholesalers and Retailers.
Split Cassette and Floor-Ceiling
- 31/12/2012 for manufacturing and import;
- 31/12/2013 Marketing by Manufacturers and Importers;
- 31/12/2014 Marketing by Wholesalers and Retailers.
- Building end-uses
- Building systems
- Space cooling