China 13th Renewable Energy Development Five Year Plan (2016-2020)
The 13th Renewable Energy Development Five Year Plan (2016-2020) was adopted by National Energy Administration on 10th of December 2016 establishing targets for renewable energy deployment until 2020. Targets are aligned with objectives of the 13th FYP on National Economy and Social Development and respective FYP for each renewable energy technology.
Key objectives of China are to:
- Increase share of non-fossil energy in total primary energy consumption to 15% by 2020 and to 20% by 2030.
- Increase installed renewable power capacity to 680 GW by 2020.
- Increase installed wind capacity to 210 GW.
- Promote offshore wind and ocean power development.
- Lead renewable energy technology innovation.
- Further support development of the renewable energy industry in China and decrease reliance on foreign companies in the domain.
- Resolve renewable power curtailment issue problem.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more