The Andhra Pradesh Solar Power Policy 2015, in an order to promote solar power projects, was updated from the Andhra Pradesh Solar Power Policy, 2012.
Solar Power Projects (SPP) that are commissioned during the operative period of five years shall be eligible for the incentives declared under this policy for a period of ten (10) years from the date of commissioning.
The following incentives are available:
- The Government will promote solar rooftop systems on public buildings, domestic, commercial and industrial establishments on gross and or net meter basis. The consumer(s) are free to choose either a net or gross meter option for sale of power to Discom under this policy.
- Transmission and Distribution charges shall be exempted for wheeling of power generated from SPPs.
- Distribution losses shall be exempted only for SPPs injecting at 33 kV or below.
- Banking of 100% of energy shall be permitted for all Captive and Open Access/Scheduled Consumers during all 12 months of the year.
- Intra-state Open Access clearance for the whole tenure of the project or 25 years, whichever is earlier.
- Electricity duty shall be exempted for captive consumption, sale to Discoms and third party sale provided the source of power is from SPPs setup within the State.
- Cross subsidy surcharge shall be exempt for third party sale provided the source of power is from SPPs setup within the State for a period of five (5) years from the date of commissioning of the SPP.
- All projects developed with the above incentives will be eligible for REC benefits subject to applicable regulations/orders of the appropriate commission.
For more details on the incentives and others, see the link provided.