Sustainable Energy for All Rapid Assessment and Gap Analysis represents Angola’s initial actions for the country to participate in the processes of UN ‘s Declaration of 2014 – 2024 as the Decade for Sustainable Energy for All. The objectives at the national level are to:
- (1) achieve universal access to electricity; clean fuels and devices for cooking/heating; and mechanical power;
- (2) improve energy efficiency; and
- (3) double the share of renewable energy in the national energy mix.
The Rapid Assessment and Gap Analysis has identified several gaps such as limited access to energy services (only 30% of Angola’s population has access to electricity); unreliable power supply has compelled people to rely on more expensive diesel generators; uneconomic electricity tariffs; and unaffordability of electricity form diesel generated electricity. A cross-section of stakeholders representing Government, Utilities and Private Sector participated in the rapid assessment and gap analysis exercise.
- Renewable Energy
- Strategic planning
- Multiple renewable technologies
- IEA/IRENA Renewables Policies Database