According to TheTwelfth Five-Year Plan for Renewable Energy, the total consumption of renewable energy will reach 478 Mtce by the end of 2015, what accounts for 9.5% of the total energy consumption. Also development indicators for different types of renewable energy are outlined:
- the installed capacity of hydropower will reach 290 GW, including 260 GW conventional hydropower and 30 GW pumped storage power station;
- grid-connected wind power will reach 100 GW,including 5 GW offshore wind power;
- solar power 21 GW,
- solar thermal 400 million square meters;
- biomass 50 Mtce per year;
- geothermal energy 15 Mtce;
- ocean energy 50,000 KW.