In the budget speech for 2010, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced the establishment of Green Technology Ficing Scheme as an effort to improve the supply and utilization of Green Technology. The scheme could benefit companies who are producers and users of green technology.
As a sign of commitment, the Government will bear 2% of the total interest/profit rate. In addition, the Government will provide a guarantee of 60% on the ficing amount via Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad (CGC), with the remaining 40% ficing risk to be borne by participating financial institutions (PFIs).
The Prime Minister also appointed GreenTech Malaysia as the conduit for the Green Technology Ficing Scheme (GTFS) application. The scheme is expected to provide benefits to more than 140 companies of which the application will be open starting from 1st January 2010.
- Electricity end-uses