The National Renewable Energy Action Plan until year 2020 is a comprehensive document summarizing the national renewable energy policies, forecasting final energy consumption and setting out renewable energy targets and forecast trajectories until 2020.
The Action Plan is one of the fundamental documents for achieving the European Union Renewables Directive (2009/28/EC) targets and gives a comprehensive outlook of the development of the renewables sector.
The effects of the policy are measured through renewable energy indicators published on the webpage of the Estonian Statistics Board (http://www.stat.ee/) and on the webpage of Eurostat.
Estonia renewable energy 2020 targets:
- Overall target: 25% of renewable energy in final consumption;
- Heating and Cooling: 38.4% of demand met by renewable energy sources;
- Electricity: 17.6% of electricity demand met by electricity generated from renewable energy sources;
- Transport: 10% of energy demand met by renewable energy sources.
Measures facilitating achievement of above enlisted targets:
- Feed-in tariff;
- Certificate of origin;
- Excise duty exemption for biofuels;
- Investment support for RES projects;
- National Energy Technology Programme – ETP;
- Electricity end-uses