The Estonian Government established the KredEx Foundation (Estonian Credit and Guarantee Fund) in 2001, in order to provide support for improving the energy performance of the housing stock.
KredEx is providing grants, designed for associations and communities wishing to reconstruct their apartment buildings as completely and efficiently as possible.
The grant is intended for the renovation of apartment buildings constructed before 1993, in which an apartment association has been set up or which are wholly owned by the local authority.
- The grant amounts to 30% of the total cost of the renovation works in Tallinn and Tartu, and to 40% of the total cost of the renovation works in rural municipalities neighbouring Tallinn and Tartu, where the market value of the property in the year preceding the submission of the application was higher than 500 €/m2 according to the transaction database of the Land Board, as well as in Elva, Haapsalu, Keila, Kohila, Kuressaare, Maardu, Otepää, Paikuse, Pärnu, Rakvere, Rapla, Sauga, Uuemõisa and Viljandi. In the rest of Estonia, the grant amounts to 50% of the total cost of the renovation works.
- In regions other than Tallinn and Tartu, it is possible to apply for a grant that is 10% lower than the official percentage if all the required conditions are not met, for example, if no heat-recovery ventilation system will be built or if the linear thermal bridge requirement will not be met.
- Any previous works need not be redone, provided that the desired energy performance class can be achieved with other works.
- It is only possible to apply for the grant for the renovation works set out in the proper final design documentation.
- An applicant has to enter into an agreement with a technical consultant or a company through which the technical consultant provides the service, unless the applicant has received no bids for reasons beyond the applicant’s control. The agreement between a technical consultant and an apartment association should be signed by the moment of submission of the application at the latest.
- The building design documentation submitted when applying for the grant will undergo an expert assessment organised and paid for by KredEx.
- After KredEx’ expert assessment, bidding for the renovation works will be organised through the Public Procurement Register.
- Building end-uses
- Building vintage
- Existing buildings