Science & Technology Department, Chandigarh Administration announced the implementation for following energy efficiency measures:
- Mandatory use of Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) in Government Buildings/Government Aided Institutions/Boards/corporations
- Mandatory use of Energy Efficient Tube Light System/Retrofit Assembly in Government Buildings/Government Aided Institutions/Boards/ Corporations
- Mandatory use of Compact Fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and T-5 (28 watt) Tube Lights for all electricity consumers in industrial, commercial and institutional sectors having connected load of 30 kW or above.
- Mandatory use of ISI marked Motor pump sets, Power capacitor, Foot/Reflex valves in Agriculture Sector.
- Promotion of Energy Efficient Building Design - All the new buildings to be constructed in the Government/Government Aided Sector will incorporate energy efficient building design concepts including Renewable Energy Technologies with effect from 30th June, 2012.
- Mandatory use of Energy Efficient Street Lights. It shall be mandatory that the street lighting in all existing and new colonies and urban areas notified by the Urban Local Bodies Department, Residential sectors, Industrial estates, housing complexes, colonies and townships developed by private/semi government/autonomous institutions shall use energy efficient street lighting fixtures using T-5 tube lights/Light Emitting Diode (LED) Lamps/High Pressure Sodium Vapour (HPSV).
End uses covered
- Building end-uses
- Industry end-uses
- Industrial equipment