IEA supports energy security, efficiency and technology cooperation with Bulgaria
19 March 2010
Bulgaria is interested in working more closely with the IEA on a range of energy policy issues, including energy security, energy efficiency and energy technology deployment.
This was the message from a visit to Sofia by IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones on 19 March, which included a joint workshop co-chaired by the Deputy Executive Director and the Bulgarian Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism Traicho Traikov. The workshop looked at global energy trends and energy developments in the Black Sea and Caspian regions, and then in detail at the IEA work on energy efficiency indicators and low-carbon energy technologies.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for April