IEA supports energy security, efficiency and technology cooperation with Bulgaria
19 March 2010
Bulgaria is interested in working more closely with the IEA on a range of energy policy issues, including energy security, energy efficiency and energy technology deployment.
This was the message from a visit to Sofia by IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones on 19 March, which included a joint workshop co-chaired by the Deputy Executive Director and the Bulgarian Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism Traicho Traikov. The workshop looked at global energy trends and energy developments in the Black Sea and Caspian regions, and then in detail at the IEA work on energy efficiency indicators and low-carbon energy technologies.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says