Keynote at CERA Week
11 March 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka participated in the keynote discussion session at the annual Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) conference in Houston.
Led by CERA’s Dr. Daniel Yergin, panelists exchanged views on a wide range of issues including low-carbon scenarios, energy technologies (such as electric vehicles), regional issues (like China), oil prices, natural gas, nuclear, energy efficiency and others.
Mr. Tanaka noted that several symptoms such as the “oil-less” economic recovery in OECD countries and the development of energy technologies in renewable energy, smart grids, nuclear and electric vehicles may indicate a historic transition to a low-carbon economy.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director travels to Beijing for G20 Energy Ministerial
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at World Nuclear Exhibition
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June
- IEA brings together energy efficiency experts from across the globe
- Policy support and technology progress helps electric cars worldwide surge past the 1 million milestone