Keynote at CERA Week
11 March 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka participated in the keynote discussion session at the annual Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) conference in Houston.
Led by CERA’s Dr. Daniel Yergin, panelists exchanged views on a wide range of issues including low-carbon scenarios, energy technologies (such as electric vehicles), regional issues (like China), oil prices, natural gas, nuclear, energy efficiency and others.
Mr. Tanaka noted that several symptoms such as the “oil-less” economic recovery in OECD countries and the development of energy technologies in renewable energy, smart grids, nuclear and electric vehicles may indicate a historic transition to a low-carbon economy.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips