Keynote at CERA Week
11 March 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka participated in the keynote discussion session at the annual Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) conference in Houston.
Led by CERA’s Dr. Daniel Yergin, panelists exchanged views on a wide range of issues including low-carbon scenarios, energy technologies (such as electric vehicles), regional issues (like China), oil prices, natural gas, nuclear, energy efficiency and others.
Mr. Tanaka noted that several symptoms such as the “oil-less” economic recovery in OECD countries and the development of energy technologies in renewable energy, smart grids, nuclear and electric vehicles may indicate a historic transition to a low-carbon economy.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says