Potential for closer IEA co-operation with Mexico
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard Jones meets with Mexican Energy Secretary to discuss areas of collaboration
19 January 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones met with Mexican Energy Secretary Georgina Kessel Martinez on Tuesday, 12 January, in Mexico City to discuss existing and potential future areas of collaboration between the IEA and the Mexican energy ministry (SENER), including energy statistics, energy efficiency indicators, carbon capture and storage (CCS), and the upcoming International Energy Forum Ministerial meeting in Cancun (29-31 March).
Ambassador Jones then gave a presentation on the World Energy Outlook 2009 to a large audience comprising officials from SENER, the state oil and gas company (PEMEX), the Mexican state owned utility (CFE), the regulatory agency (CRE), and representatives from embassies, among others.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for April