Potential for closer IEA co-operation with Mexico
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard Jones meets with Mexican Energy Secretary to discuss areas of collaboration
19 January 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones met with Mexican Energy Secretary Georgina Kessel Martinez on Tuesday, 12 January, in Mexico City to discuss existing and potential future areas of collaboration between the IEA and the Mexican energy ministry (SENER), including energy statistics, energy efficiency indicators, carbon capture and storage (CCS), and the upcoming International Energy Forum Ministerial meeting in Cancun (29-31 March).
Ambassador Jones then gave a presentation on the World Energy Outlook 2009 to a large audience comprising officials from SENER, the state oil and gas company (PEMEX), the Mexican state owned utility (CFE), the regulatory agency (CRE), and representatives from embassies, among others.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July