Potential for closer IEA co-operation with Mexico
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard Jones meets with Mexican Energy Secretary to discuss areas of collaboration
19 January 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones met with Mexican Energy Secretary Georgina Kessel Martinez on Tuesday, 12 January, in Mexico City to discuss existing and potential future areas of collaboration between the IEA and the Mexican energy ministry (SENER), including energy statistics, energy efficiency indicators, carbon capture and storage (CCS), and the upcoming International Energy Forum Ministerial meeting in Cancun (29-31 March).
Ambassador Jones then gave a presentation on the World Energy Outlook 2009 to a large audience comprising officials from SENER, the state oil and gas company (PEMEX), the Mexican state owned utility (CFE), the regulatory agency (CRE), and representatives from embassies, among others.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices
- OECD energy production hits record high, but consumption and CO2 emissions fall